Whilst the first snows have begun to fall in the Cotswolds and we are getting ready to hunker down for Christmas,
find a bit of festive cheer with our selection of Christmas party cocktails and canapés to make and enjoy with your friends and family. Light the fire, settle in and have a jolly good Christmas and New Year. See you in 2018!
- 250ml Vodka
- 250ml Martini Bianco
- 5ml Angostura Bitters
- 2 x 75cl bottles of Champagne/Sparkling wine
- Sprigs of rosemary
- In a jug mix the vodka, vermouth and bitters. Keep chilled.
- To serve pour 35ml into a chilled flute glass add a sprig of rosemary and top with cold Champagne.
Mulled Sloe Gin
- 1 litre of apple juice
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 2 oranges
- 300ml sloe gin
- Cranberries to garnish
- Combine apple juice, lemon juice, bitters and cinnamon sticks in a large pan. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Add orange slices and sloe gin. Garnish with cranberries, orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
Then have a nibble at one of our favourite canapés - truffle honey-roasted fig and pancetta crostini with gorgonzola, pear crisps with blue cheese and hazelnuts, or a hearty mini Yorkshire pudding, served with smoked venison and redcurrant jelly. Diet starts in the New Year..